Friday, December 10, 2010

Hello from the Vicar 12/10/10

This is a copy of my "Hello From the Vicar" e-mail for this week.

Hi, all!

This week I've been rehearsing with the Bremerton Symphony Chorale for our Christmas concert this Saturday. I keep hearing in my head the glorious "Amen" in "Worthy is the Lamb" of Handel's Messiah, especially the sopranos as they loft their high 'A' just before the entire symphony comes to a breathtaking halt... and then launches the final thunderous 'Amen'. It helps get me through December's
dark, rainy weather and gloomy skies...I guess you could say it's one of my Advent disciplines.

Last Saturday I stopped by St. Paul's Church in Bremerton to encourage our volunteers from St. Antony's as they prepared and served a free meal to the homeless at the Lord's Neighborhood Diner. I'm so proud of our members who were so cheerful, dedicated, and positive. We served at the very first meal of the year, a "test run" for the Diner. A special thanks to Sallie Snyder, Pat Reese, Lynda Loveday, Donna Hilton, John and Janet Steller, Barbara Berglind, Steve Miller, Jim and Judy Bryant, and Bob and Sondra Meith.


Next Saturday, December 18, we'll have the Men's Breakfast and the Greening of the Church. This is one of the highlights of the year at St. Antony's and I hope you won't miss it. Thanks to Cheryl Wright for helping to organize this.

This week I enjoyed a pleasant visit with Mary Warner at Claremont East Apartments. Mary is an elegant southern lady and always a delight to visit. I hope you'll remember her with a card or a visit at 2707 Clare Ave., Bremerton, WA 98310.


My thanks to all who have returned their pledge cards for 2011 to support the work of God in our parish. We still have a few to go, so if it has slipped your mind, this is a gentle reminder.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment