Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our booth at Whaling Days



This weekend is "Whaling Days", the local Silverdale festival complete with parade, carnival, booths, vendors, and food. St. Antony's put up a booth again this year and I spent about five hours there today.

Kathy Little did a wonderful job of creating the booth. You can't see it in this photo, but she brought plants, banners, brochures, and props for our booth. We offer water at our booth for humans (in a cooler) and for dogs (in a dish).

This booth is our way of getting some visibility in our community. We had lots of people stop by for a curious look or a cup of water. And we engaged people with a smile or an invitation to Vacation Bible School.

I really enjoyed being out in the public and making contacts. I'll have to say, though, that it's exhausting to be on display for so long. Maybe it's because I wore my clergy shirt and felt so conspicuous! Anyway, a very successful booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment