Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday Book Discussion Group

Today as every Wednesday the St. Antony's book discussion group met in the parish hall outside my office. This small group has met for many years and they're very dedicated to each other.

They select books with a spiritual interest and read them together and discuss them. Recently they read a book on St. Benedict's rule and now they're reading The Great Emergence by Phyllis Tickle.

I enjoy listening to the low murmur of voices outside my office door. I can't hear what they're saying, but it's nice having them in the building!

A small group like this is one of the joys of a small church. Close relationships with long-term commitments make for rich and rewarding ministry together. I'm thankful for this special small group.

No comments:

Post a Comment