Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The vicar goes missing

The week after Easter is a week of collapse for most clergy. After the rush of Holy Week and the services on Easter Day, many clergy are completely used up.

I'll confess to being worn out myself. After helping to replace the parish floor the first part of last week, I was pretty tired physically, and then after four days of Holy Week services, I'm tired. Yesterday I tried to get some work done on our new house, but my mind was too frazzled to concentrate on anything. Today I attended Son-Shine Fellowship for our weekly 6:30 AM breakfast, and I feel fit and ready to go.

I'm taking this week away from the office so that I can get our new house ready for us to occupy. We have a number of things we need to accomplish before we move our belongings. Among other things, I need to build a wall to create an office for Katy, build shelves in the basement, and lay a new kitchen floor. Also, the insurance company wants us to clean the moss off the roof!

So it will be a busy week. Tomorrow in this blog I'll reflect a little on our Holy week and Easter morning worship.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment