Monday, September 8, 2008

My blog routine

I didn't post to this blog last week. I don't know where the week went, but somehow I never found the time to post a reflection.

I have a regular morning routine that helps me write my blog entry, but when my routine is disturbed, I find it hard to compensate. Last week my mornings got away from me!

Here's my routine: I get up in the morning and do twenty minutes of centering prayer. This is a kind of contemplative prayer, letting all thoughts go while the mind rests in God. It's very centering, and when I leave it out, I feel like I haven't quite got the day started right.

Then I do Morning Prayer, using the Prayer Book and the lessons for the coming Sunday. I have a prayer bowl with prayers written on small squares of paper for my intercessions for each day.

Then I make coffee and write my blog. I find my mind is sharpest and most concentrated in the early morning, and I enjoy the focus on a short bit of writing.

If I don't write my blog in the early morning, I don't seem to find time for it later, and when I do, I find it difficult to focus my mind on the blog. So here's to early mornings, and a renewed commitment to post something each day!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment