Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello from the Vicar 03/25/11

Hi, all!

I was brought up in a family of stoics. If we were hurting, we tried not to show it. So when I'm hurt or in need, it's hard for me to admit it. And it's hard for me to ask for others to pray for me, even though I totally believe in healing prayer.

This week was different. I've had some pain in my shoulder, and an x-ray revealed that I broke my collarbone. So on Wednesday after Centering Prayer, Bill Proctor asked if he could pray for my shoulder.  When he prayed for me, I could feel the Holy Spirit at work through his prayer. And my shoulder is feeling better already.

The times I've asked others to pray for me have been profound experiences. A deep relaxation comes over me, and I seem to go to a deeper level in my being. The tension drains away, and my burden is lightened. 

It takes a lot of trust to ask someone for prayer. But the next time you're in need of support, I hope you won't be afraid to ask for prayer. Many of us find it a privilege to pray for others, and we'll be glad to pray for you.  

This week I visited Eleanor Brook at Northwoods. After a month in the hospital, she's working to regain the strength in her legs. "I'm determined to get better," she told me. I believe her! I also visited Eunice Brodde at Clearbrook. Eunice fell last week and broke her arm and a couple of ribs, so her mobility is limited until she recovers. Please keep her in your prayers.

Over the years, many of us have received small art works created by Adrienne D. as birthday and anniversary cards. Adrienne is a gifted watercolor artist, and many of us treasure the beautiful cards she's sent us. Now's the time for us to reciprocate. Adrienne has been slowly recovering from surgery last fall, and her birthday is coming up next Monday, March 28. Wouldn't it be wonderful if she got a shower of cards from us?

We're approaching the third Sunday in Lent, and we're well along in our Lenten journey. Hope to see you this Sunday as we approach the throne of grace, in full assurance of God's mercy and love.  

Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment