Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello from the Vicar 12/30/2010

This is a copy of my weekly "Hello from the Vicar" e-mail:


Hi all!

This week I'm taking some time off, and I've been thinking about changes I want to make in the coming year. My goal for next year is to simplify my life and do more of the things I enjoy and I'm good at. Maybe you're thinking about changes for the new year, too.


A New Year's Blessing
I'm thankful to be the priest at St. Antony's, and I cherish each of you. I wrote this blessing for you for the coming year:

May the days of this year be kind to you,
and treat you gently.
May each morning bring you something to hope for,
and every afternoon some small reward. 
Let the days unfold before you,
and the nights find you at home with your soul.

May the arms of your friends rest on your shoulders
And may your loved ones be not far away.
Rest quietly in the solitude of your own peace
when peace is what you need.

May you feast!
Take delight in the movement of your body,
and listen to what your senses tell you.

May God never be far away,
and may you hear God's voice in your inner being.
May the strength of God fill you in times of need,
and may God's hand protect you wherever you go.


May the peace of the whispering forest be yours.
May the joy of the crashing waves be yours.
May the love of all creation surround you always.

And the blessing of God Almighty:
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Be upon you now and remain with you for ever.


Our dear Olivia Stalter was in the hospital this week after having a heart attack. Fortunately she's recovering quickly and the doctors don't see any damage to the heart. She should be going home today. I'm sure she'd appreciate a card or an e-mail. Her address is P.O. Box 2866, Silverdale, WA 98383.


I hope you have a joyous New Year's celebration! See you on Sunday as we gather around God's Table for the first Eucharist of 2011.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment