Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Convention report


October 15 and 16 I attended Diocesan Convention in Vancouver, WA, with our delegates Bill and Elisabeth Demmon and Carolyn Segrist.

I enjoyed spending time with our delegates during the drive down and back, at meals together, and at convention. In addition, it was nice to see friends from around the diocese. I've been here long enough to get to know other clergy in the diocese, and it's a pleasure to see them at convention.

Nothing earth-shaking happened at convention. There was a good speaker, interesting exhibits, the usual elections and resolutions, and a good address from our bishop. I was a facilitator for the Indaba discussion groups, but I thought the topics for discussion weren't very compelling for the participants.

I made the sketch above while listening to the bishop's address.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment