Thursday, October 15, 2009

Diocesan Convention tomorrow and Saturday

Today I leave to attend Diocesan Convention in Vancouver. Our delegates from St. Antony's are also attending. Convention starts Friday morning and continues through late Saturday afternoon.

I'm looking forward to seeing friends from around the diocese and making new acquaintances. I'm *hopeful* that the speaker and the business sessions will be mentally stimulating.

This year I volunteered to be a facilitator for the Indaba groups we'll be having. The Indaba groups are small circles for conversation held three times over the course of the weekend. The idea is for us to be able to have face-to-face conversations in a small group so we can really share with each other.

I look forward to having Bishop Nedi preach at her last convention with us, and also to be part of the ordination of five new deacons at the closing Eucharist.

I'm praying for safe travel for everyone coming to the convention, for all those responsible for organizing convention, and for the presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit in all we do at convention.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment