Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sheriff's Deputies at Starbucks

Today I was working on my Bite of St. A's lesson preparation at Starbucks when two sheriff's deputies came in. I always feel like a kid when I see law enforcement people. The gun, the badge, the starchy uniforms - I'm in awe of their authority. These two were big strapping young guys, and they carried themselves with confidence but not cockiness. They sat down at a table for coffee. I guess even sheriff's deputies need coffee.

I was impressed by how many people came up to talk with them. They're obviously very much a part of their community. I made a sketch of them and afterward one of them came up to me and asked about the sketch. I showed it to him and said I'd send him a copy. I hope it's not illegal to sketch a deputy!

No comments:

Post a Comment