Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Annual Meeting

A week ago Saturday we held the annual meeting of St. Antony's parish. Annual meetings are usually business-like affairs consisting of year-end reports and budget considerations, but I thought we had a very positive meeting.

We heard reports from our church commissions and ministries, and they were remarkably upbeat. We have a lot going on! I'm very grateful for all those who gave so much of themselves last year to make our parish run smoothly and do the work of God.

I was glad to report that Peter Dawson has accepted the position of Bishop's Warden for 2009. I know Peter will do a great job, and I'm looking forward to working with him. We also elected three new members of the Bishop's Committee and our diocesan convention delegates and alternates.

We passed the budget, even though we're projecting a $15,000 deficit for the year, which will come out of our current bank balance. I'm sure we'd all like to be totally in the black, and that's certainly what we're aiming for next year. Still, I think we're in a good place right now. We're fortunate that the diocese awarded us an $18,000 grant, and that will be a big help. I think the diocese believes in us, and wants to encourage us.

My sense is that we're doing the right things, and we're gaining momentum for growth in the future. Thanks be to God!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment