Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beautiful children

This week I'm helping with Vacation Bible School. We have about 35 children every day, from 3 years old up to sixth grade, plus a group of teen helpers. We are blessed with children!

Because it's been a few years since my own sons were that age, I've had to really reach down deep to respond to little children. But it's good for me!

I'm responsible for playing guitar for the songs at the start and the closing, plus I'm teaching the bible memorization verse. Small groups of the children come in and we all sit on the floor together, so I'm at eye level with them. It's so much fun to interact with them and get their responses.

I love thinking like a child and entering into a child's world. Talking about Jesus to a child is perfectly natural. We should all be so open to God!

It's taken a lot of energy to do VBS (I took a good hour-long nap this afternoon!) but it's been good for me. My thanks to all who have made our Vacation Bible School such a success.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment