Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Emerging from Christmas


January 13, 2012

Hi, all!

Yesterday I finally mailed the last of the Christmas letter we usually send to our far-flung family and friends. And even though Epiphany has blown by us, we still haven't taken our Christmas tree down. 
   
The Christmas season seems to wrap me up in a big wind and send me hurling headlong through the days. Now, finally, I think I'm emerging from the frenzy of Christmas, at least enough to think about writing Hello from the Vicar!

When I was first ordained a priest and our sons were little, I felt I had to do my part to help Katy make a special celebration at home, plus I felt the pressure of celebrating two Christmas eve services at church. Now that our boys are grown, it's much easier. But I still find Christmas to be exhausting.

This year after Christmas, our family went to La Push, a small Native American village on the Olympic Coast, for a couple of days of rest and relaxation. We hiked the beaches, went to a Native American Dance and healing circle, and I painted some watercolors. It was a very relaxing time for me. And now that Epiphany is over, I feel I'm fully engaged for the new year.

I hope that you had a good Christmas celebration, too, and that the New Year is finding you in productive and healthy endeavors.

Bill   

No comments:

Post a Comment