Friday, June 10, 2011

Hello from the Vicar 5/26/2011

This week I'm on vacation, visiting my family in Colorado. I attended the high school graduation of Ben, my brother's son, in Broomfield, and David, my sister's son, in Boulder. Then I drove to southeast Colorado to spend a few days with my mother, and to visit my younger sister who lives nearby.

It feels good to be immersed in my family and catch up on everyone's lives since my last trip. I'm surrounded by the love of my family. I did a few chores around the house for my mother, who is 91 and lives in her own home, and spent some quality time with her.

Every day I've taken long walks and I can feel my body relaxing and getting more healthy as I live more simply. I'm reminded how Jesus took time to get away from the press of demands on him, and he reconnected with himself and with God. 

As we move into summer, I hope you'll have some time to renew yourself with simplicity, quiet, and the love of family and friends. I know it works for me!

I'm looking forward to gathering with you on Sunday as we celebrate the Holy Eucharist with our children and young people leading us in worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment