Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello from the Vicar 1/28/2011

Hi, all!

Like most of us males, I was raised to be independent. I learned to "get the job done", to "take the heat", to "be your own person." But I've also discovered that there are sometimes better ways to get something done. Like teamwork.

Along the way I've learned that being part of a team is often not only a better way to accomplish a goal, it's more satisfying. There's nothing like raising the wall of a Habitat house with a crew of volunteers! It's exhilarating.  

This past year our Bishop's Committee has intentionally worked to become more of a team. We've even renamed our "commissions" as "teams". We've had a good team, and I've especially appreciated the teamwork of Bob Meith, our Bishop's Warden, and Heather George, our Peoples' Warden. Together with the BC we've gotten a lot done.

For 2011, I've asked Heather to be our Bishop's Warden, and the BC elected Cheryl Wright to be our new Peoples' Warden. Along with BC members Ken, Kathy, Bill C., Linda R., Bonnie, and newly elected Lynda Loveday, we'll make a good team! I hope you'll support us in our efforts to build up our church as the community of God's people.

It's been a busy week, with our annual meeting last Sunday and various beginning of the year efforts. Katy and I enjoyed dinner recently with Stu and Carol Smith, and we also ate at the Burrato Bistro in Poulsbo with the Dining Out group. Good food, good friends.
 
Tomorrow (Saturday) we'll celebrate the life of Mary Warner. Mary and her husband Charles were core members of St. Antony's before the effects of age forced them to pull back. I always enjoyed my visits with this gracious lady and I miss her.
 
Last Sunday at the 10:00 Eucharist we laid hands on Sandy Norris and prayed for relief from pain in her leg and back. Please keep her in prayer.

And I'll see you Sunday at the most important meal of the week, the Holy Eucharist, as we are nourished by the life-giving Body and Blood of our Savior.
 
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment