Monday, June 28, 2010

St. Antony's newest Eagle Scout


Yesterday I attended the Eagle Court of Honor for Tristan, one of our young men at St. Antony's. I was honored to sit up front and offer the opening and closing prayers.

Tristan is an active member of St. Antony's, and for his Eagle project he created a prayer garden and path on our church grounds. Tristan is very active in our church, serving as acolyte and participating in our youth group.

The Court of Honor was held in a stunning location -- a promontory into the waters of Port Ludlow, surrounded by water and mountains on all sides, with the boats from Port Ludlow marina coming and going. An elegant reception was held nearby at The Resort of Port Ludlow. I drove to Port Ludlow and back with Daniel Ferguson, a young man from our parish now in college. Daniel is also an Eagle Scout.

 As I sat and listened to the recitation of Tristan's accomplishments, and the values and purposes of the Boy Scouts of America, I was reminded of my boyhood in Boy Scouts and all the things I learned. It's true that Boy Scouts molds the character of the young men in their program, and creates good citizens. Tristan's accomplishment is truly something to be proud of.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment