Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pastoral care tag teams

Yesterday and today I spent some time in the hospital visiting two parishioners who had surgery. Vivian had a hip replacement and Kaye had a colostomy reversed. Both surgeries were successful and both patients are resting comfortable today. Now they face long recoveries with the struggle to return to normal.

I was impressed with the level of care our parish provided. Yesterday, when Vivian went into surgery, several people from our parish were there to support Dave, and today when I visited, I bumped into several parishioners making their rounds to visit both Kaye and Vivian. When they get out of the hospital and return home, I know they'll have meals offered for them so they don't have to worry about cooking.

This is the pastoral care of the church at its best. When one of us is in trouble, we rise to the occasion to provide care and support. I'm glad I'm part of the network of care we provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment