Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Vicar is - IN

After nearly two weeks of not posting on this blog, I'm back. I guess I was pretty burned out after Christmas and needed a break. Sometimes it's good to give a routine a rest so that you can return refreshed.

I read somewhere that 90% of all blogs last no more than a few weeks. It takes a lot of discipline and focus to keep a blog going. I suppose any lasting endeavor takes a lot of effort and perseverance. Blogging is the same.

Any one blog post may not get any comments or reactions at all, so it's hard to guess whether anyone is reading it or whether it makes a difference at all. So there's a certain amount of blind faith needed to keep a blog going.

I write this blog as a kind of personal discipline to write something everyday and to keep myself focused on the life of the church and on the scriptures for the upcoming Sundays. I hope that when my parishioners, friends, or visitors read this blog, they'll be inspired to see something in a new way or be encouraged in their faith journey.

Thanks for reading!
-

2 comments:

  1. I read you blog EVERY DAY! And miss it and you! You look good! We even had a little snow in Florence.
    Glad your back! Dave says Hi! Claudia

    ReplyDelete